Alert 06 – 25 Poor Quality Light Fixture Causes Fire


A service company employee noticed smoke coming from one of the rig camp office/sleeper. The fire started at night in an unoccupied cabin located at the rear of the Rig Manager’s office where it was out of sight. The person who first observed the smoke informed the Night Rig Manager who then had the power to the cabin isolated and with the electric power safely off, he then extinguished the fire with a portable Dry Powder Fire Extinguisher. Once extinguished some ceiling material was removed to ensure there was no smoldering in the roof void which could have re-ignited the fire. Had it not been by chance that the service company employee walked by, this fire could have gone unnoticed until it was out of control.

Read Full Safety Alert