Alert 03 – 24 Attempted Service to Microwave Results in a Fatal Electrocution


An experienced electrician (12 years with the company) opened up the microwave in spite of dire warnings not to do so. A warning label, clearly indicated the potential for high voltage, was prominently displayed on the machine. He put a tester across the disconnected leads with the power on (several thousand volts); the current went to ground through his body, via the ice-making machine next to where he was working – burn marks confirm this. The incident resulted in a fatality.

Read Full Safety Alert